Dr. Carey O'Rielly
Getting to Know Your San Diego Holistic Dentist
The first time you call to make an appointment, our new patient coordinator will request that you fill out the New Patient History form, which is available further down on this page. Based on Dr. O’Rielly’s review of your records, we will follow up with his recommendations.
If you have any questions or concerns, we are available by phone and appointment during our normal business hours. Please call us anytime at 760-632-1304. If we are with a patient, please leave a message, and we will be sure to get back to you. Please be advised that Dr. O does not see children.
We ask that you email X-rays that have been taken within the last 12-18 months to [email protected].
What to Expect on Your First Visit
At Integrative Dentistry, Dr. O works closely with his hygienist to monitor his patients’ health in depth. However, cleanings are rarely provided at the first appointment. Dr. O prefers to provide you with a simple at-home hygiene program first to bring down the bacteria levels and inflammation in your mouth. This minimizes the bacteria that is pushed into your bloodstream during cleaning appointments. Our fee for a standard, comprehensive exam is $100. An extended exam for complex and periodontal cases is $150.
Payment and Insurance
We accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards. We do not belong to any provider network and we ask that you pay all fees at the time of service. We will submit your claim to your PPO insurance company so that you can be reimbursed according to your plan’s permitted coverage.
Dr. O’Rielly will establish the proper order of treatment, starting with the highest priority:
- to get you out of pain
- remove infections in the gums and teeth
- fix broken and decayed teeth
- replace old dental work that is no longer serviceable
- consider further testing necessary for your dental treatment
- consider nutritional support, if you are interested. Dr O finds that some patients improve to the point that more aggressive treatments are no longer necessary. This may include periodontal or cavitation surgery.
What Dr O does and doesn’t do:
- Dr O does not use metals like mercury, nickel or palladium
- He performs galvanic testing, a simple way to check whether dissimilar metals are causing stress in your mouth
- He does not use Bisphenol A (BPA) which is a hormone disruptor found in most plastics and white fillings
- He uses fluoride free hygiene products, cements and bonding agents
- He uses concentrated oxygen to remove deep bacteria in decayed teeth in order to prevent root canals
- For root canals he recommends a regenerative procedure
- When an infected tooth requires extraction, his protocol includes sterilizing all bacteria from the area, concentrated oxygen to promote healing, and the use of Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF). When more bone is needed, he will use a mineral based graft rather than bone products from cows.
- He offers non-metal, ceramic implants also known as Zirconia implants
- He always recommends removing the least tooth structure possible to lower the risk of a root canal
- He always lowers inflammation in the mouth first to promote healing of the gums before recommending deep cleanings or other adjunctive treatment.