760-632-1304 [email protected]

Here is Part II of the quote on mercury from Caulk’s website:                        “Concentrations as low and 0.03 mg/m3 have induced psychiatric symptoms in humans. Renal involvement may be indicated by proteinuria, albuminuria, enzymuria, and anuria. Other effects may include salivation, gingivitis, stomatitis, loosening of the teeth, blue lines on the gums, diarrhea, chronic pneumonitis and mild anemia. Repeated exposure to mercury and its compounds may result in sensitization.”

According to a research paper the small amount mentioned above, 0.03 milligrams per cubic centimeter, can be found in the environment of many dental offices.  This is of great concern.  If you work in a dental office, you are being exposed to mercury day in and day out without even knowing it.  The older the office the more mercury can build up.  If the office has old carpet this is of special concern.

Are you nervous when you go to the dentist?  I wonder if this has something to do with it.  Environmental health and toxicity issues are of real concern when it comes to dentistry.